I just noticed it has been long time I don’t update what gear I am using for audio and recently, video recording. I’m my “open book” practice, and sharing everything I use. Also, would be happy to answer questions, listen recommendations and comments. At the end, we all learn a lot from the collaboration and everybody wins. My focus is on acoustic instruments and I record old school, really playing instruments.
So here we go:
- Computer platform: I’m still using my old iMac 2011. And believe me, still rocks! macOS Catalina and working beautifully. Only additional element is the extra monitor.
- DAW (Digital Audio Interface): After many years using ProTools, I’ve decided to give it a try to Reaper. Amazing software and that deserves a full post, which I will write soon.
- Audio Interface: I’ve been a fan of Focusrite. My Scarlett 2i2 1st generation was doing a great job and I’ve learnt a lot with it. Time to upgrade and it would be a no brainer to keep the same interface, but latest generation. But… there’s always a but! I’ve found somewhere the PreSonus ioStation 24c. Couldn’t resist and got one, although I was not sure it would work nicely with Reaper. So far so good, and again, it deserves a dedicated post.
- I still keep my Mackie Mix8 to act as an audio hub to my speakers. Nothing more than that.
- Speakers: Genelec is my passion, I’m used to it and how it sounds, so make it easier to mix. I ‘m married with my pair of Genelec 8020A.
- Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
More to come on my guitars, other instruments, acoustics and microphones.